Happy New Year! I’ve still got a fair few makes to share from 2020 so I should be posting pretty regularly over the next few months–and hopefully all year if I get into a good habit with it. Here today is a make from August: the Jalie Éléonore Pull-On Jeans in a pretty bold dark floral cotton. Ah, summer!
Oh yeah, I love these! They were made with a linen look cotton supplied by Minerva in return for a 500+ word blog post with 6+ photos on their site. You can find that post here. There’s no obligation for me to post on this blog but I wanted to anyway. I love having this as a diary of everything I’ve made. I keep a sewing journal too, but it’s great to have this as well.
I’ve made the Jalie Éléonore Pull-On Jeans before as pedal pushers in a stretch denim, and they’re a definite favourite over the summer months. In fact, they’ve been so well worn they’re looking like they might need replacing this year. Oh, what a hardship! This is a different take on the pattern using the full length legs. I imagined when I ordered the fabric that they’d be great over the winter months, but I should have paid a bit more attention to the fabric description.
I was expecting something like a canvas or twill, but instead this fabric is like linen so definitely not warm enough for the winter months. It might have worked for wide legged trousers you could wear leggings or tights underneath, but that’s not so comfortable in this skinny style. In fact, I think the fabric would be much better suited for wider legged trousers or a looser fitting dress or top. It doesn’t have the best recovery–something I realised only after I’d sewn these up. They tend to bag out quite a bit by the end of the day (or quicker if I sit down a lot). This means they need washing after every wear to return them to the skinny look I like. Ah well. You live and learn. It’s kind of humbling to realise I still get fabric choice wrong sometimes.
Here’s a few more views:
So, there’s definitely still room in my wardrobe for a bold patterned and/or coloured pair of Jalie Éléonore full length trousers. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for suitable stretch wovens. I’m thinking maybe a tartan in my favourite green and purple.
This pattern is a little outside of my comfort zone but I’m really pleased with how well it works. Andy is less sure, and told me they looked like something a teacher would wear. Seeing as how he’s a primary school teacher I guess he’d know. I reckon they’re totally appropriate as I’m now working with little kids and I used to be a teacher anyway.
On the sewing table
I’m still working on that faux fur gilet. It’s now lined with a smashing internal zipped pocket. I just have to do a bit of hand stitching around the armholes and the hem as well as adding a hook and eye or two to close it. The floor around my sewing table looks like I’ve murdered a Muppet, but never mind! I think I might spend the rest of the afternoon cosying up on the sofa in front of the telly finishing it off. That will give me a chance to get my next project cut out over the weekend.
I’ll be back on Tuesday with a make for Daisy: more PJs!
Hope you’re all feeling good about the year ahead.
Ciao for now,